Quite simply as the name suggests it is a self contained unit which drops into the empty bed of your pickup truck*.
What is the benefit?
A normal pickup will have one of three things:
- An open bed i.e. no cover perhaps with a plastic liner or spray liner (which we can supply)
- A tourneo cover being either a fabric based or metal folding or hinged bed cover
- A top of some description which sits on the edge of the bed held down by clamps and provides a roof over the contents only.
The benefits of a drop in de-mountable pickup body is that the pickup body is a self contained pod meaning that it can be removed from the truck bed with it's contents still inside.
- A full height door which gives cover over the tailgate area
- Security when the body is off the vehicle
- Double security when on the vehicle because the body door is closed behind the tailgate
In this video we show a drop in body which has been test fitted prior to any final preparation.
The video demonstrates how the body is partially secured by the tailgate whilst still having a full height door. It also demonstrates how light the basic body is.
It also shows how the body can be slid back (albeit slightly in this video) to show how it can be quickly and easily slid back and lifted off allowing the open bed to be used.
We will be producing a more detailed removal video soon so please like and share us at https://www.facebook.com/dropinbody
Customers who use pickups with tops:
- Emergency services
- Power companies
- Water Companies
- Council services
- Construction companies
- Private owners
The benefits of the drop in pickup body to all of these users becomes apparent in two ways
Costs can be reduced by having a pod system which is interchangeable meaning that one vehicle can perform several tasks, we have listed just a few examples below:
- Fire Fighting where the body is fitted with a pump system for the fire service for rapid response
- Flood response where the body is fitted with a pump and other equipment for assisting with floods
- Search and rescue where the body is equipped with specialist equipment
- Power and water companies where the body is fitted out as a mobile workshop
For the private buyer the basic drop in pickup body is light enough to be lifted off (empty) and set to one side to allow the use of the pickup bed for other purposes.
When it is on the pickup it can be used for everything from transporting animals to being kitted out for recreational diving.
No animals were harmed in the making of this photo :)
* The drop in body has been designed to fit the Toyota Hilux Double Cab Mk 7/8 (initially)